EMC Corporation is
the world leader in information storage systems, software, networks,
and services that store, protect, move, manage and access the explosion
of content. EMC solutions are enabling enterprises of all kinds to
unite information as one resource, harness it as one source of value,
and leverage it as one asset to reach the goals of the organization.
If you thrive in a challenging, results oriented, and rewarding environment take a closer look at EMC Corporation. Team up with the world leader and achieve your own ambitious goals! EMC wants to talk to candidates interested in the following opportunity: SR SW Engineer
under limited direction and within general practices, the Senior SW
Engineer provides technical expertise for a wide range of complex,
customer software engineering projects. Projects include leading edge
technology implementations for large enterprise customers.
Writes functional specifications. Designs, develops, and tests new
customer specific software components and fixes to existing software
* Performs software design, software development, unit
testing, and technical support for customer specific, complex software
* Design, development, and debugging of complex,
multithreaded software components written in C, C++, and/or Java,
forming the foundation of a large, complex network, systems, and
application management product.
* Documents design and implementation, performs unit and system tests, provides support for customers testing.
* Prepares technical documentation of solution including detailed design documentation.
* Analyzes, designs, implements, and tests fixes to address issues encountered by customer on custom solutions.
Experience and Education
* 36 years experience in C/C++ and or Java familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl, Shell.
Experience in one or many of the following network technology domains:
Optical, SONET, ATM/FR, xDSL, Wireless, Multicast, IPTV.
* Bachelors Degree, Masters a plus.
* Familiar with a variety of network equipment from vendors such as Cisco and Nortel.
* Understands network and network management protocols.
Ability to create functional and technical design specifications for
software development efforts, commencing code and creating unit test
* Exposure to all phases of the software development process.
Practiced software documentation skills, including developing
requirements specs, commenting code, and creating unit test plans.
* Experience performing manual, adhoc, and automated software testing.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to
any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency